Monday, October 20, 2008

A long day of shopping

I left the Village and headed for the bus stop at 11am. I bought a return ticket from the ticketing machine and waited for the arrival of the bus. The bus arrived at 11.15am. The journey to the city centre took 15 minutes.

I window-shopped at Chapelfield till 12.15pm before having my KFC lunch. I ordered a "Wicked Zinger Meal", I had no idea what's so wicked about the Zinger meal. It consists of 1 X Zinger burger, 2 X spicy chicken drumlets, 1 X coleslaw, 1 X small fries & 1 X small Pepsi. It was a fufilling meal though I thought it was rather costly at 4.49 GBP.

Next, I proceeded to Clinton Cards and bought a birthday card for a friend. I roamed around Borders and was just browsing through some books and magazines. I spotted a magazine that I liked to get, however I didn't want to carry it around while shopping, thus I decided to return later to get it (it's amazing how I couldn't find it elsewhere).

I headed on to Primark, the place was packed as there was some sale going on. I couldn't possibly be wearing the same hoodie everyday without washing it thus bought a hoodie for 5 GBP. This Primark is like a discount store, all the clothes seemed to be priced at a rather reasonable price, perhaps due to the sale. I shall observe and see if the price remains as reasonable after the sale.

I dropped by Tesco and bought tissue & mouthwash. I was already thinking of going back to the Village when I spotted Castle Mall. At Ryman stationery, I bought a ring file for 1.49 GBP with a half-price discount. This price would be absolutely absurd in Singapore however this is the cheapest that I could find here.

I popped over to Marks & Spencer and got a frying pan for 13.60 GBP with a 20% discount. I recalled I needed to get some lip balm for my lips. I went into the Superdrug store and got one for 1.75 GBP which I regreted. I wandered into Poundland and found the same lip balm going for a pound. I grabbed a Marilyn Monroe Calendar & white tack for a pound each, seeing how dull my room was. Finally, I went back to Borders to buy the magazine for 2.95 GBP.

By the time I got back to the Village, it was 5.30pm. I didn't manage to find any bicycle shops or chinese provision stores, will try again on my next trip out perhaps in 3 weeks' time.

My spoils for the day:


All the stuff I bought


All the receipts for the stuff I bought

No comments: